Something I learned about him..whom I love dearly

We grow up together, enough said that the good gap of 4 years between us is never a reason not to have a close bond between siblings of different gender. I was seperated from him at the age of 16 (literary, as I was sent to further my studies at a boarding school) when he was at the tender age of 12 ; a small boy who still hang on to his momma for food and clothes. He was an innocent child, with his hair combed sideways with a lil arch everyday. Both of us are at the boarders of learning who we are ; high schools, friends, conflicts. I left, and I feel that distant beween us, for two years I don't know who he is. What was his favourite colour? Does he like it in this manner? or perhaps that type of thing? Nada! Several family visits,I saw him him getting taller and bigger than before, I was second shortest in the family back then :) Oh how I wanted to reach out to him, have a decent brother-sister conversation but I shut myself up, unable to utter. It was just too akward, the words that came out was just simple formal inquiries, let alone sharing big secrets. 

     Later on when I was ready, we spoke to each other openly. I got the chance to sit down and have a real conversation. I told him all that he needed to know about SURVIVING the monstrous pathetic contaminated life of teenage years (okay maybe that's a little over the top) Love life especially, I do want him to appreciate that feeling and pick the ONE who is worth receiving it. Never waste it on the wrong person, regrets and guilt are the shadows that will be chained to the person for their whole life. I may not hold a Phd in life skills, but I do have some cats in the bag that he should be acknowledged of. 

     We noticed some things we have in common, we both enjoyed cooking, experimenting new type of food, he is still my lab rat for all the gooey fettucini oregano lalala food :) and most defenitely ; becoming each others stylist! He got pretty charming pair of eyes in picking up good brands for his clothing *now I wonder where did he get that from..ahemm!* I remembered when we used to play together, in 'hospitals', 'restaurant', 'our own state-of-the-art-blanket-tent houses'... ''kakak ! jom main masak-masak '' 

     Today I came across something, his blog. He is wise, and his words are mature enough for a boy of his age. I am glad he knows what he wants at this stage. A man without a direction is always lost. I am proud of him, he is my dear brother. Best of luck for you PMR this year adik, I will always pray for your well being, success and safety. I miss you okay, note that :)

Post a Comment